This notice lists the alley, sidewalk and road paving projects the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) currently plans to work on in the next two weeks.
Blair Road NW Pavement Restoration Project | Monday, November 27, through Friday, December 1
Paving and restoration will occur on Blair Road NW from Monday, November 27, to Friday, December 1. DDOT will mill and pave between Piney Branch Road NW to Eastern Avenue NW from Monday, November 27, to Friday, December 1.
Firth Sterling Avenue Between South Capitol and Stevens Road | Monday, November 27
DDOT will temporarily close a single right lane on Firth Sterling Avenue SE, westbound between South Capitol Street and Stevens Road SE from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday, November 27. The closure will accommodate soil borings to locate utilities at the site.
M Street NW Pavement Restoration Project | Monday, November 27, through Friday, December 1
Sidewalk restoration will occur on M Street NW from Monday, November 27, to Friday, December 1. DDOT will restore the sidewalks, driveways, curbs, gutters and ADA ramps between 22nd Street NW and New Hampshire Avenue NW.
Citywide Pavement Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT’s commitment to improve and restore local roadways, work will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks:
- 27th Street NW, between Woodley Road NW and Cathedral Avenue NW;
- Jay Street NE, between Hayes Street NE and Kenilworth Terrace NE;
- N Street NW, between 22nd Street NW and 23rd Street NW;
- Tilden Street NW, between Connecticut Avenue NW and Reno Road NW;
- V Street SE, between 16th Street SE and Fendhall Street SE;
- Railroad Avenue SE, between W Street SE and Chicago Street SE;
- Piney Branch Road NW, between Whittier Street NW and Van Buren Street NW;
- 34th Street NW, between Cleveland Avenue NW and Macomb Street NW;
- Elmira Street SW, between Martin Luther King Avenue SE and Dead End;
- Connecticut Avenue NW, between Macomb Street NW and New York Avenue NW;
- 12th Street SW, between Independence Avenue SW and C Street SW;
- 12th Street SW, between Maryland Avenue SW and Maine Street SW.
Citywide Sidewalk Restoration Projects
As part of DDOT’s commitment to improve and restore local sidewalks, work will be conducted at the following locations throughout the following two weeks:
- Texas Avenue SE, between E Street SE to F Street SE;
- Livingston Road SE, between 3rd Street SE to Atlantic Street SE;
- Suitland Road SE, between Alabama Avenue SE to Southern Avenue SE;
- 6th Street SE, between Mississippi Avenue SE to Savannah Street SE;
- 6th Street SE, between Brandywine Street SE to Chesapeake Street SE;
- Blaine Street NE, between 55th Street NE and 56th Street NE;
- Park Road NW, between 11th Street NW and 13th Street NW;
- Ames Street NE, between 49th Place NE and 50th Street NE;
- Hanna Place SE, between Benning Road SE and 51st Street SE;
Alley Improvement Projects
DDOT will conduct alley improvement at the following locations. Once work begins, access to parts of the alley under construction will be closed, and parking will not be available. In emergency situations, access may be permitted by notifying DDOT. Work is estimated to take about two weeks.
- Square 0431 bound by D Street NW, 7th Street NW, E Street NW and 8th Street NW;
- Square 1876 bound by 38th Street NW, Ingomar Street NW, Connecticut Avenue NW and Huntington Street NW;
- Square 2274 bound by 30th Place NW, Ellicott Street NW, 30th Street NW and Garrison Street NW; and
- Square 5944 bound by 10th Place SE, Savannah Street SE, 11th Place SE and Alabama Avenue SE.