Fairfax Connector will make several significant changes in its routes starting Sept. 30 to address rider feedback and the elimination of Metrobus Route 2T.
The changes will affect commuters who travel to military installations such as the Pentagon and Fort Belvoir, as well as throughout the Springfield area.
You can find a full list of the changes by following this link. Here are the highlights by route:
Route 171 - Richmond Highway
- Reroute onto Whernside Street between Pohick and Telegraph Roads to take advantage of new traffic signal at Whernside and Telegraph.
Route 321/322 - Greater Springfield Circulator
- Eliminate Bland Street route diversion.
- Expand the span of service to operate late evenings and improve headways.
- Feature 20 to 30 minute headways Monday through Friday, 30 to 60 minute headways Saturday, and 60 minute headways Sunday.
- Weekend service improvements: all trips after 8:00 p.m. on weekdays and 6:00 p.m. on weekends, including the proposed new late evening trips, would bypass the Industrial Road and Commercial Drive area, where there is no demand for service at these times.
- Extend service along Industrial Road to provide access to the new Amazon facility.
Route 335 - Fort Belvoir “The Eagle”
- Add a morning trip departing at 6:00 a.m. from Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station, in response to rider input.
Route 395 - Springfield-Pentagon
- To better handle current travel demand, some morning trips will not serve Backlick North Park & Ride and one afternoon trip will terminate at Gambrill Park & Ride and not serve Backlick North Road Park & Ride.
Route 463 - Maple Avenue-Vienna
- Reroute onto Gosnell Road to address elimination of Metrobus 2T, providing access to Tysons Tower Apartments. Route 2T previously operated between Tysons Corner and Dunn Loring.
Get commuter news and transit updates delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to our semiweekly newsletter!