Seems like it’s never too soon for green beer and gaudy leprechaun costumes. The annual Four Courts Four Miler Race will take place Saturday, March 10, causing numerous road closures and detours across Arlington County.
The race starts at 9 am, but note the following road closures between 6:30am and 11am:
- Wilson Boulevard from Courthouse Road to N. Rhodes Street
Between 8:45am and 11am:
- Wilson Boulevard from Route 110 to N. Courthouse Road
- Northbound Route 110 from I-395 to I-66
- Here’s a map of the race route.
- Customers can still access the Safeway grocery store at 1525 Wilson Boulevard from North Nash Street or North Oak Street.
- Southbound Route 110 will remain open.
- Metrobus routes will be detoured from Moore Street west on Wilson and north on Nash to their regularly scheduled route.
Rosslyn and Key Bridge Traffic Detour:
- Use Route 50 West to Courthouse Road, follow Courthouse Road to Wilson Boulevard west to N. Veitch Street; follow N. Veitch Street north to Lee Highway, Lee Highway east into Rosslyn.
If you’re a participant or spectator, we advise you to walk or ride a bike to the race route. Parking along Wilson and Clarendon Boulevards will be scarce. Closest Metrorail stations will be Courthouse and Rosslyn.