A number of key roads in Frederick and Howard Counties will be resurfaced this spring, forcing some lane closures that may impact your travel.
The Maryland State Highway Administration said it will repave roads and fix guardrails on nine roads, under a $12 million contract to improve road conditions across the area.
Drivers should be aware of possible lane closures between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., and crews will also be allowed to work between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. on weekdays.
Here are the roads that will be impacted this spring:
• MD 75 (Green Valley Road) between I-70 and Jones Road;
• MD 17 (Burkittsville Road) between Brownsville Pass Road and Picnic Woods Road;
• I-70 between the Washington County line and Ridge Road; and
• MD 355 (Urbana Pike) on the approaches to the Monocacy River Bridge.
• US 29 (Columbia Pike)/Gorman Road/Johns Hopkins Road interchange;
• I-95/MD 32 interchange bridge approaches and ramps;
• US 29 between I-70 and US 40 (Baltimore National Pike) and the US 29 Bridge over Frederick Road;
• MD 100 at Executive Park Drive, US 1 (Washington Boulevard) and Snowden River Parkway; and
• Dorsey Run Road (MD 732 R) at Henkels Lane.
Be the first to know about major events, transit disruptions and road closures. Subscribe to our free Capital Shortcut newsletter, served up for breakfast on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.