Bus riders along the Bethesda-Silver Spring Line will see fewer stops beginning next week.
Metrobus said it is eliminating five stops along the J2 and J3 lines, which connect Westfield Montgomery Mall, the Bethesda Metro station and the Silver Spring Metro station. Metro said the changes were necessary due to the expanded service on the J1 line.
These stops will be eliminated:
- West Cedar Lane & Cyprus Avenue, eastbound
- West Cedar Lane & Cedar Way, eastbound
- Rockville Pike & Center Drive, eastbound
- Old Georgetown Road & N Brook Lane, westbound
- Old Georgetown Road & Maple Ridge Road, westbound
Metrobus said it would also add an eastbound stop at Rockville Pike & North Drive.
Click here to sign up for commuter news and real-time traffic updates for free, delivered to your inbox Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.