Sunday’s 10-miler begins and ends at the Washington Monument. Your best bets to get there are via Metro (Smithsonian Station); taxi or ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft; or bicycle (there’s a bike corral).
Here are the road closures from 6:30-11 am:
- Independence Ave, SW between 14th St, and 23rd St.
- Ohio Drive, 23rd St. to Virginia Ave (Rock Creek Parkway section)
- Ohio Drive, riverside and channel side (East and West Potomac Parks)
- Memorial Bridge to include Arlington Memorial Circle and Lincoln Memorial Circle
- 23rd St., Constitution Ave to Lincoln Memorial Circle
- 17th St. Constitution Ave to Independence Ave
Here’s a map of the 10-miler course: http://www.cherryblossom.org/images/2018/maps18/10MCourseMap(180314).pdf
And the course for the 5K: http://www.cherryblossom.org/images/2018/maps18/5K%20course(180319).pdf
Be the first to know about major events, transit disruptions and road closures. Subscribe to our free Capital Shortcut newsletter, served up for breakfast on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.