If you ride Metro’s Silver Line to work, you may want to look for alternatives Friday.
Metro said that 10 stops along the Silver Line will see trains only once every 24 minutes in order to accommodate repairs to an 18-foot section of concrete near the Benning Road station.
Metro said it would start the work Thursday at 10 p.m. and expected things to be back to normal by Monday.
Blue line trains will run at normal intervals but will be routed to New Carrollton rather than Largo Town Center.
Here are the affected Metro stations, with suggested alternative stops:
- Wiehle-Reston East (use West Falls Church)
- Spring Hill (use West Falls Church)
- Greensboro (use West Falls Church)
- Tysons Corner (use West Falls Church)
- McLean (use West Falls Church)
- Benning Road (use Minnesota Ave or Metrobus)
- Capitol Heights (use Deanwood or Metrobus)
- Addison Road (use Cheverly or Metrobus)
- Morgan Boulevard (use New Carrollton or Branch Ave)
- Largo Town Center (use New Carrollton or Branch Ave)
As you can see, the Silver Line problems could lead to more crowded conditions at other stations, including West Falls Church and other stops along the Orange and Blue Lines.