If you are driving on Interstate 95 in Virginia this week, be aware of multiple work zones that could impact your travel heading north and southbound.
The Virginia Department of Transportation said there will be at least seven work zones in the Fredericksburg area, potentially leading to lane closures and delays during the midday and evening hours.
Here’s a look at what drivers can expect:
Aquia Creek Bridge, Stafford County - Right lane closed at mile marker 145.
- Wednesday-Thursday 7 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Courthouse Road/Exit 140. Right lane closed from mile marker 141 to 139.
- 9 p.m. - 10 a.m. Wednesday-Thursday. Then Thursday-Friday 9 p.m. - 6 a.m.
Exit 126, Spotsylvania County. (Route 1/Massaponax). Closure of 1 or 2 lanes.
- Wednesday-Thursday, 9 p.m. - 6 a.m. Double lane closure from 10 p.m. to 4:30 a.m.
Aquia Creek Bridge, Stafford County. Right lane closed at mile marker 145.
- Wednesday ˗˗ Thursday, 9:30 a.m. ˗˗ 3:30 p.m.
Exit 130 (Route 3) On-Ramp to I-95 Northbound- City of Fredericksburg - Slight traffic shift. Lanes to remain open but ramp will narrow.
- Thursday, 9:30 a.m. ˗˗ 3:30 p.m.
Exit 118 (Route 606/Mudd Tavern Road) Spotsylvania County - Left lane closed.
- Wednesday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. ˗˗ 3:30 p.m
To get real-time traffic information in Virginia, check 511virginia.org or use the 511Virginia app.