If you’re hoping for a quiet stroll somewhere in D.C. on Saturday, stay far, far away from the National Mall. The groups coming to town this weekend might make things a bit ... combustible.
The Mall will host a pro-Trump rally, just a few blocks away from a protest calling attention to alleged Russian interference in last year’s election. In the afternoon, thousands of juggalos - face-painted enthusiasts of the hardcore hip-hop act Insane Clown Posse - will also rally and march against alleged persecution at the hands of the Department of Justice, before settling down for a speeches and music acts late into the night.
Oh yeah, don’t forget about the 5K Saturday morning. And the Navy-Air Force Half-Marathon on Sunday.
If you’re a commuter just trying to get through the area on Saturday, we recommend you steer clear of Constitution Avenue and save the Lincoln Memorial and Reflecting Pool for another weekend.
If you’re a police officer or National Park Service ranger trying to keep the monuments from getting defaced this weekend, we owe you a cold beer.
- Friday: 82/66, mostly sunny, 20% precip, 69% humidity
- Saturday: 82/67, partly cloudy, 20% precip, 74% humidity
- Sunday: 83/65, mostly sunny, 20% precip, 73% humidity
At the request of law enforcement, Smithsonian Metro Station will be closed Saturday due to the numerous events planned at the National Mall. All trains will pass through the station without stopping. The closest alternate station is L’Enfant Plaza.
Orange Line: Trains will run every 20 minutes from 10 p.m. Friday through closing Sunday due to single-tracking between Cheverly and New Carrollton stations for rail, fastener and grout-pad renewal.
Silver and Blue Lines: Trains run every 15 minutes to coordinate with maintenance on the Orange and Yellow Lines.
Yellow Line: Trains run every 15 minutes between Huntington to Mount Vernon Square stations only from 7 a.m. Saturday until closing Sunday. The adjustment accommodates maintenance on the Green Line. Customers traveling to/from stations north of Mount Vernon Square should use the Green Line to complete their trip.
Green Line: Trains run every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. Saturday through closing Sunday. The line will single-track between Fort Totten and Prince George’s Plaza stations to allow for leak mitigation and rail, tie, fastener and grout-pad renewal.
Red Line: Regular weekend service.
Metrobus: Routes 5A, 30N, 30S, 32, 33, 34, 36, 52, 54, 64, 70, 74, 79, P6, S2 and S4 will detour due to the Fiesta DC Parade and Festival. During this time Constitution Avenue NW between 7th Street and 14th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW between 3rd Street and 7th Street will be closed.
Fairfax Connector: Numerous route changes occur starting Sept. 30. Click here for additional details.
MARC: Regular weekend service.
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m.: PARK(ing) Day (numerous areas across the District)
- 7:05 p.m.: Dodgers at Nationals (Nationals Park)
- TBD: Mother of All Rallies (National Mall)
- 8 a.m.: Race to Beat Cancer 5K (starts/finishes at Four Seasons Hotel / runs through National Mall)
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: March to Protect American Democracy (Lafayette Square, H and 17th Streets)
- 10 a.m.-7 p.m.: Alexandria King Street Art Festival (King Street, Alexandria, Va.)
- 12-7 p.m.: H Street Festival (H Street between 4th and 14th Streets NE)
- 1-5 p.m.: Parade Fiesta D.C. 2017 (Constitution Avenue NW between 7th and 14th Streets, Washington, D.C.)
- 1:05 p.m.: Dodgers at Nationals (Nationals Park)
- 2-10 p.m.: Juggalo March on Washington (primarily Lincoln Memorial / march proceeds around Washington Monument back to the Lincoln Memorial)
- 7 a.m.: Navy-Air Force Half-Marathon and 5-Miler (starts/finishes at Washington Monument)
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m.: Alexandria King Street Art Festival (King Street, Alexandria, Va.)
- 11 a.m.-7 p.m.: Festival Fiesta D.C. 2017 (Pennsylvania Avenue NW between 3rd and 7th Streets, Washington, D.C.)
- 8:08 p.m.: Dodgers at Nationals (Nationals Park)
Over the Horizon…
- Sept. 24: Clarendon Day Run and Celebration (Clarendon, Arlington, Va.)
- Oct. 7: Youth Bike Summit (Hyatt Regency Crystal City, 2799 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, Va.)