With a new brand, some changes are coming to the bus services formerly known by the transit agency that funds it: the Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC).
What’s In A Name?
First, choose a name. PRTC becomes OmniRide—although PRTC exists as the regional transportation agency.
Second, choose a logo. The previous turquoise-dominant color scheme (which still exists on the PRTC website) has been replaced by the colors of the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks. And the old ‘70s-looking design has been supplanted by the tire-like “O” of OmniRide.
Third, change service names to more accurately reflect the routes being service. The following name updates are effective Monday, July 23:
- OmniRide becomes OmniRide Express.
- Metro Direct becomes OmniRide Metro Express.
- OmniLink becomes OmniRide Local.
- Cross County Connector becomes OmniRide Cross County Connector.
- OmniMatch becomes OmniRide Ridesharing Service.
Meanwhile, only the following routes will change:
- Dale City-Washington – PM timetable changes; D-103T PM trip extended to serve Dale City Commuter Lot, becomes D-103.
- Dale City-Pentagon/Rosslyn/Ballston – Revised times for some trips, including shifts in trips that serve Rosslyn/Ballston.
- Dale City-Navy Yard – Midday timetable changes; one new D-300P trip added after 7 p.m.; PM bus stop at Dale and Glendale moving 150 feet east, across the street from Comcast.
- Lake Ridge-Washington – PM timetable changes; one PM trip removed.
- Lake Ridge-Pentagon/Crystal City – One early PM L-200P trip added; L-210 will start at the Pentagon; AM and PM timetable changes.
- Montclair-Washington/Pentagon – CL-X trip discontinued; one new trip added to Montclair-Pentagon after 7 p.m.
- South Route 1 – CL-X trip discontinued (see Montclair above).
- Manassas-Washington – M-101 PM, M-103 PM and M-106 PM trips extended to serve Cushing Road Commuter Lot.
- Manassas-Pentagon – M-201G PM and M-202G PM trips will travel via I-395/I-495 to I-66.
- Gainesville-Washington – Some Manassas Express trips extended to Cushing Road Commuter Lot (see above).
- Dale City – Bus stop at Dale and Glendale (toward Chinn Center) moving 150 feet east, across the street from Comcast.
- Eastbound and westbound timetable changes; no longer serves New Directions School.