ARLINGTON, VA. – The Ballston Quarter Pedestrian Bridge is scheduled for installation in the 4200 block of Wilson Boulevard during the weekend of February 15-17, 2019. The Arlington County Police Department will implement several road closures in the Ballston area to accommodate the installation.
The following roadway will be closed in both directions beginning at approximately 2:00 PM on Friday, February 15:
The following roadways will be closed in both directions beginning at approximately 7:00 PM on Friday, February 15 until approximately 12:00 PM on Saturday, February 16:
When safe to do so during the closures, local residents will be permitted to enter and exit the area at police direction. Motorists are encouraged to use N. Glebe Road and Fairfax Drive as alternate routes to bypass the Wilson Boulevard closure.
- N. Quincy Street, between Wilson Boulevard and N. 5th Road
- Wilson Boulevard, between N. Oakland Street and N. Stuart Street
- N. Randolph Street, between N. 9th Street and N. 5th Road
- N. Quincy Street, between N. 9th Street and N. 5th Road
- N. Pollard Street, between N. 9th Street and N. 6th Street
- N. Piedmont Street, between Wilson Boulevard and N. 7th Street
The following roadway will be closed in both directions from approximately 12:00 PM Saturday, February 16 until approximately 6:00 PM Sunday, February 17 while the bridge is installed with a crane:
Additional roadways not listed may be closed at police discretion in the interest of public safety.
- Wilson Boulevard, between N. Randolph Street and N. Stuart Street
Street parking in the area will be restricted and motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222