You asked - we listened! Beginning Jan 22, 2019, Fairfax Connector’s newest express Route 698 will provide non-stop service from the Vienna Metrorail Station to the Pentagon. This route is supported by the Commuter Choice Program and I-66 toll revenues.
Things to Know for a Smooth Commute
Regular express fare: $4.25; older adults and people with disabilities: $2.10. Pay using a SmarTrip card or cash.
Route 698 will offer 10 rush-hour trips in the morning and in the afternoon. The average ride time is 35 minutes.
Park **FREE** and begin your commute for $1 on select Fairfax Connector bus routes serving the Vienna Metrorail Station. Park your car at a park and ride location below, catch a bus to the Vienna Metrorail Station and ride Route 698 to the Pentagon.
Have an emergency, sign-up for Guaranteed Ride Home.
For day-to-day information and assistance with Fairfax Connector service:
- Morning service with regular departures (approximately every 20 minutes) from the Vienna Metrorail Station begins at 5:40 a.m., with the last departure at 8:22 a.m.
- Afternoon service with regular departures (approximately every 35 minutes) from the Pentagon begins at 3:30 p.m., with the last departure will be at 6:10 p.m.
- AMF Centreville Lanes (Routes 630 and 641)
- Centreville Stone Road (Routes 640, 642, 644)
- Centreville United Methodist Church (Routes 630 and 641)
- Fairfax County Government Center (Routes 621 and 623)
- Greenbriar Park (Routes 632 and 640)
- Poplar Tree Park (Routes 632 and 640)
- Stringfellow Road (Routes 631 and 632)
- Sully Station (Routes 640 and 642)
- For a complete list of routes that you can take for $1 to the Vienna Metrorail Station, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/transportation/I-66/bus-connections
For More Information
- Sign up for Fairfax Connector BusTracker for real-time passenger information.
- Call our Telephone Information Center (TIC) at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608, for information on bus connections.
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com for schedule information.
- Visit a Connector Transit Store for trip-planning, fare media, and more.