Metrobus service will remain suspended tonight and will resume operations Monday morning on a Severe Snow Plan due to current road conditions. Under a Severe Snow Plan, buses will be limited to major roads only and passengers should expect service delays and increased wait times.Metro will continue to monitor road conditions and will add service as conditions improve. Bus customers should consider using Metrorail as an alternative.
Metrorail service will open at 5 a.m. with regular train service at all stations. Metro is operating deicing trains to keep the tracks clear of snow and ice and crews are working through the night to clear snow and treat station platforms, sidewalks and parking areas.
MetroAccess paratransit service will begin operating regular service beginning at 7 a.m. Monday morning. Customers are strongly encouraged to cancel all non-essential trips and travel only if absolutely necessary. Due to road conditions, customers should expect delays and drivers may be unable to provide door-to-door service if pathways are not cleared.
Metro service will operate Monday, January 14, as follows:
- Metrobus service will begin on a Severe Snow Plan.
- Under a Severe Snow Plan, bus service is limited to major roads, with additional snow detours possible based on road conditions. View severe snow routes for details.
- All bus customers should expect delays and longer wait times. Passengers may want to consider Metrorail as a travel option.
- Metrorail will open at 5 a.m. with normal service at all above and below ground stations.
- Orange, Silver, Blue, Yellow and Green line trains will operate every 8 minutes during rush hour and every 12 minutes during the midday and evening.
- Red Line trains will operate every 4-8 minutes during rush hour and every 8-12 minutes during the midday and evening.
- MetroAccess service will begin at 7 a.m. on a normal schedule.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to cancel all non-essential travel on Monday. Customers should travel only if absolutely necessary.
- Due to weather/road conditions, service delays are expected.
- Drivers must have a clear and safe path from the MetroAccess vehicle to the outermost exterior door of the pick-up or drop-off location in order to provide door-to-door service. Absent this, the driver will render curb-to-curb service instead.