Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) wants to hear from you about how to improve the local bus service provided by Fairfax Connector in the Herndon-Reston area, including connections to the Silver Line Phase 2 Metrorail stations. FCDOT has rescheduled a community input meeting in Herndon that was previously canceled due to inclement weather. The meeting will include interactive exercises to explore individual travel needs, issues and ideas, and provide an opportunity to give specific feedback on future Fairfax Connector service in the area.
Herndon Senior Center
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019, 6:00 ? 8:00 p.m., 873 Grace Street, Herndon
- Meeting location is accessible via Fairfax Connector Route 937 and RIBS 5.
- Need assistance getting to the meeting? Transportation services will be available upon request.
- There will be on-site childcare available, per request, for children over the age of three (3).
- Light refreshments will be served.
Requests for transportation and childcare assistance are accepted until Friday, Feb. 15, 2019, by contacting Amy Ordonez at 703-787-4962, TTY 711, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snow Date: Herndon Middle School, Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., 901 Locust Street, Herndon
Spanish translation services will be available at both meetings. Community members who would benefit from additional translation services should contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711, no later than seven days prior to the meeting.
Ways to Get Involved and Provide Input
- Attend an interactive community meeting.
- Fill out a five-minute online survey.
- View the AskFairfax! chat, recorded on Tuesday, February 5, 2019, to see questions that riders in Herndon and Reston asked Fairfax Connector planning staff.
- Email your input to email@example.com
- Mail your comments to Fairfax County Department of Transportation, 4050 Legato Road, Suite 400, Fairfax, VA 22033.
Public input is accepted until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019. FCDOT staff will then compile the input received and will incorporate the information into planning for future service improvements in Herndon-Reston area. FCDOT will come back to the community in the spring of 2019 to hold more community meetings to present and discuss a draft plan and future improvements for the service area.