The holiday season at Reagan National Airport can be very busy, especially on airport roads. With construction added to the mix this year, congestion on peak days is likely to be more pronounced than in the past. Travelers can follow these strategies to avoid delays:
- Use Terminal Garages – Terminal Garages A, B and C are outside the work zone, reducing potential driving delays. Drop off or meet passengers there, or take advantage of free parking for up to 60 minutes. All garages are just a short walk from the terminal.
- Map Your Journey – Use wayfinding apps such as Waze or Google Maps, selecting your specific destination for the most direct guidance.
- Listen to Airport Radio on 1640 AM – Our new radio station explains the latest roadway configuration and driving tips. Tune in when reaching airport property.
- Drive Carefully – The work zone speed limit is 15 miles per hour. Watch for construction signs, pedestrians and police directing traffic.
- Park Like a Pro – Reserve parking online at least 24 hours in advance to guarantee space and take advantage of any specials being offered. On the day of your travel, proceed directly to parking, then use walkways from garages or shuttles from Economy parking to reach the terminal.
- Take Metro – It’s the best way to avoid the traffic entirely! Walkways from the Reagan National Airport Metrorail station are directly connected to terminals. Check Metrorail’s website for service status and alerts.
Also keep in mind that several ground transportation modes have relocated during construction. The above graphic provides a guide for finding your ride after you land.